February 27, 2012
IAVE is the only international membership organization that exists solely to promote and support more effective volunteering by all people. Membership and active participation in IAVE is the way in which volunteer leaders demonstrate their solidarity with the growing worldwide volunteer movement.
We are a volunteer-governed and volunteer-managed network that seeks to:
- Provide opportunities for volunteer leaders to come together at the global and regional levels.
- Encourage and facilitate communication and sharing of "best practices" worldwide.
- Be a strong advocate with multinational institutions, governments, NGOs, and businesses of the principles embodied in the 2001 Universal Declaration on Volunteering.
- Help develop and disseminate new knowledge about volunteering as it is practiced throughout the world.
Members of IAVE receive:
- The monthly E-IAVE electronic newsletter.
- Preferred access to the services of the IAVE International Resource Center in Taiwan.
- The opportunity to participate in planning and implementing IAVE's activities.
- The opportunity to vote on IAVE's board of directors.
- Discounts on registration fees at IAVE World Volunteer and IAVE Regional Volunteer Conferences.
- Periodic printed newsletters and magazines.
Membership dues are:
US $40 for one year
US $70 for two years
US $125 for one year
US $210 for two years
Individuals and organisations who identify themselves as being from "soft currency" countries:
US $15 for individuals for one year
US $25 for individuals for two years
US $25 for organizations for one year
US $40 for organizations for two years
Youth (under the age of 30):
US $25 for one year
US $40 for two years
Non-voting youth member: FREE.
Corporate member (open to all for-profit businesses):
US $1,000 for one year
US $1,800 for two years
Membership dues should be paid in US dollars by cash, check, wire transfer, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard).
IAVE's membership services are managed by Kenn Allen of the Civil Society Consulting Group LLC in Washington DC. The mailing address is:
c/o Civil Society Consulting Group LLC
805 15th Street NW, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20005